Who Can Join?
Membership is open to homeschooling families in Middle Tennessee and surrounding areas. We do not offer remote lending or shipping of borrowed items. You must live within driving distance to come pick up your items in person.
Please keep in mind that our library is not a public place of business. Rather, it is our family’s private collection located in our home. While we do not necessarily limit membership to Christians, we do desire members who are compatible with and respectful of our beliefs and who are raising their children in a way that teaches them to respect the property of others and the policies of this library.
How to Join
Membership is by invitation only. To be considered for membership, submit a completed application along with a signed membership agreement. You may submit these documents via email to the address at the bottom of the application or contact us for a mailing address. If you prefer to submit your application via online form, you may do that here: online application.
Please do not send money now. If your application is accepted, you will receive a letter of invitation and invoice for the amount due. Because we have limited space, some applications may be put on a waiting list for consideration when an opening occurs.
You are welcome to schedule a visit prior to joining to get a glimpse of what we have to offer.
We offer three different membership options, so you can choose the one that best fits the needs of your family.
- Five in a Row bins only – $60/year* (equates to $5/month).
Includes 5% discount on purchases at our book sales.
- Basic membership – $120/year* (equates to $10/month).
Includes all regular shelf books plus 5% discount on purchases at our book sales.
- Premium membership – $150/year* (equates to $12.50/month).
Includes all regular shelf books plus FIAR bins and 10% discount on purchases at our book sales.
*Families in full-time Christian ministry receive a 10% discount on any membership level.
Why isn’t membership free? This library is a ministry. It is also expensive. We have spent thousands of dollars to purchase these books. We are still actively collecting, and we have a long list of projects and expenses necessary to protect the books and improve the library. Our hope is that the library will become self-sustaining and maybe even have enough to continue to grow our collection.
- Our membership year runs August – July. All items must be returned in July for inventory.
- Membership dues are payable in advance for the full year and are not refundable for any reason.
- All library items must be stored in a latching plastic bin (see membership agreement for more details) at all times when not in use. These are our favorite plastic totes, and are what we use for our FIAR bins. We also have these available to purchase at the library.
- You may download our membership agreement for a full list of our library policies.